Friday, May 6, 2011

TOYOTA CORONA 1.8


TOYOTA CORONA 1.8 - TJ 41

It wasn't long for me to have a new car replacing the Toyota LE, TH 8155(the LE). This was because the LE had been declared as total loss and I have signed a declaration in favor of the Insurance Company surrendering all my rights and interests over the car. 




In return, the Insurance Company paid me the consideration sum which enabled me to settle the balance owing to the finance company under the terms of a hirer-purchase agreement entered into between the finance and me for the LE. I still have some surplus which I have used it as the deposit for purchasing a brand new Toyota Corona 1.8...the second car of my life.
I love the car so much and it was a good competitor to a newly launched model from Ford which was called  Ford Telstar 2.0 at that time. My car's registration number this time was TJ 41. I have to spend a little bit more money to book this number 41 for my car. The extra charges went to the account of the Malaysian Road Traffic Department for the registration of any booked numbers.



When I was married with my wife Kakmie on 21st February, 1985 I still used the car for our wedding purposes...inclusive of for honeymoon too. This car was really good to me. The pick up, the stability and the performance of the car were fantastic within its own class. I have had comfortable and pleasant drives with this car and I have satisfied with its performance during my use.




However, I was just like other young executives today, will become very easy to change the car when seeing a better car for sale..doesn't matter whether it was brand new or a second hand one.

So...I sold this beautiful and accident free TJ 41 Toyota Corona 1.8 just because of being introduced with a new Volvo 360GLE by a salesman...



No comments:

Post a Comment